Ranger Archival Ink Pads: Cactus Flower, Fern Green, Majestic Violet, Manganese Blue, Rose Madder, Shadow Grey, and Vivid Chartreuse
Other Supplies: 12” x 12” white cardstock, Heart of Gold Prills, alcohol blending markers, Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter, clear adhesive, 3-D Crystal Lacquer, hydra sponge, double dots, paper trimmer, scoring board, and die cutting machine
- Cut one piece of white cardstock at 11” x 7”; score at 5” and 6” creating a one-inch spine. Fold at score lines and crease. Using just the rectangle part of window die, temporarily tape to center of white card base approximately 1” from top and 1-1/4” from edge. Arrange on die cutting plates so only top of card will cut.
- Select two different pattern papers and cut both at 4-3/4” x 6-3/4”, 3/4” x 6-3/4”, and 4-3/4” x 6-3/4 (cutting in this order will maintain pattern you selected).
- Sponge all edges with Majestic Violet
- Temporarily tape pattern papers being used with “window sections” to card base and flip over. Draw line around shape to determine where window needs to be cut. Die cut both panels using rectangle part of window only.
- Sponge adhesive throughout front card panel and apply glitter; tap off excess.
- Adhere all panels on card base
Pansies & Leaves:
- Stamp all images on white cardstock with Jet Black ink; cut with coordinating dies and color with alcohol inks using blue, pink, purple, and green shades. Use yellow and brown shades for container. If desired, lightly sponge Cactus Flower, Fern Green, Manganese Blue, Rose Madder, and Vivid Chartreuse over flowers/leaves to create more depth. Color back of pansy spray using archival inks as you will see from inside card.
- Three sets of pansy sizes and leaves from Cheery Pansy Stamp Set
- One set of pansy vase arrangement, pansy flowers, and pansy spray from Burst of Spring & Delicate Pansy Spray Stamp sets
- Place separate pansies and leaves upside down in Pansy Shaping Mold, mist, and run through embossing machine (you can use up to 3 layers each pass).
- Assemble Pansies and leaves then place a mound of adhesive in center of each pansy; sprinkle prills and tap off excess. Let dry completely.
- Sponge adhesive over images and sprinkle glitter; tap off excess.
- Shape remaining flower images as desired.
For tips on pansy collection and assembly, view video at https://youtu.be/_8WJPTKIUlQ
Window & Fence:
- Stamp two sets of window sill and one fence in Jet Black; cut with coordinating dies. Lightly sponge Shadow Grey on window and fence just to give a little color in places.
- Lightly mist and curve fence
- Stamp one set of 3-1/2” x 3-1/4” butterfly on white cardstock in Jet Black and cut using coordinating dies. Blend archival inks to give a “rainbow” effect by starting out with Rose Madder at bottom of image and ending with Majestic Violet. Ink back of butterfly also as you’ll see from inside card.
- Shape as desired
Placement of Items:
- Attach fence underneath front window, centering
- Take pansy spray and attach on top of fence, centering and overlapping bottom of window sill. Adhere the three smaller pansies on spray over existing pansy images.
- Attach three largest pansies and leaves around window on card inside: one top left and remaining two underneath.
- Attach pansy arrangement on top of pansy vase arrangement; adhere remaining three pansies on top of arrangement. Using foam dots, attach to right side of card towards the bottom. You should be able to see a portion of flowers from front of card when closed.
- Cut out “Have a Beautiful Day” statement; shape and attach over vase arrangement.