Ranger Archival Ink Pads: Chrome Yellow, Fern Green, Jet Black, Manganese Blue, Orange Blossom, Rose Madder, Sepia, Sunflower, and Vivid Chartreuse
Other Supplies: ½” magnets, 5” x 8”paper pad, and Midnight Blue Nuvo Crystal Drops (optional), Third Place Mini Prills, white cardstock, Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter, clear adhesive, 3-D Crystal Lacquer, hydra sponge, double dots, paper trimmer, scoring board, and die cutting machine
- Cut one piece of white cardstock at 11-1/2” x 8-1/2”; score at 2-1/2”, 3-1/2”, 8-1/4” and 8-3/4”. Fold seams so that opening is on top and 3-1/4” side is on the left.
- Adhere one magnet on inside of left side and on top of right side, approximately 4-1/4” from top and 1/4"” from side edges
- Cut strip off along left edge of honeycombs on pattern paper (scrap), then..
- Starting from left edge, cut paper at 4-3/4” x 8-1/4”, 3/8” x 8-1/4”, 2-1/4” x 8-1/4”, 3/8” x 8-1/4”, and 3” x 8-1/4”
- Take 2-1/4” and 3” wide cuts and sporadically sponge adhesive on both; sprinkle with glitter and tap off excess.
- Glue all honeycomb pattern pieces to outside of notepad base.
- Cut dotted pattern paper at same dimensions(4-3/4” x 8-1/4”, 3/8” x 8-1/4”, 2-1/4” x 8-1/4”, 3/8” x 8-1/4”, and 3” x 8-1/4”) and adhere to inside of notepad base.
Honey Bee Bungalows, Honey Bee Maidens, & Sweet As Honey Dies:
- Using images from paper, die cut Honey Bee Maidens 2-1/2” x 3” and 1-3/4” x 3”, all three bungalows from Honey Bee Bungalow set (without inserts), and swarming bees.
- If desired ink Bee Maiden Wings and Bungalow roof edges with coordinating colors (Manganese Blue & Rose Madder).
- Sponge adhesive on wings and sprinkle with glitter; tap off excess.
- Mist lightly and shape as desired.
- Cut two honeycombs and 1-3/4” x 2” hexagons using white cardstock from Sweet As Honey Die. Also, cut two 3/8” x 8-1/2” pieces in the white.
- Ink both sides of honeycombs and one side of each hexagons with Chrome Yellow. Sponge Orange Blossom and Sepia throughout to create dimension.
- Cut three sides of each honeycomb creating jagged edges; cut straight edge so there is approximately ¼” left. Adhere to edge of left top piece; then glue thin strips on top of honeycombs on outside and inside of notepad base.
Classic Sunflower Stamp Set & Die:
- Stamp two sets on white cardstock in Sepia and cut using coordinating die. Ink all flowers with Chrome Yellow and then sponge Orange Blossom to create highlights. Sponge Sepia towards top of petals and edges to create darker areas.
- Shape flowers as desired and then adhere two layers together; offsetting a little.
- For two larger sizes, place a bead of adhesive in center and sprinkle with mini prills; tap off access and let dry.
On smaller flowers, place a small drop of Midnight Blue Nuvo Crystal Drops in center (prills can be used instead).
- Sponge adhesive on all flower petals and sprinkle with glitter; tap off excess.
For tips on sunflower assembly, view video at https://youtu.be/faTpandFJLI
Leafy Accents Stamp Set & Die:
- Stamp two sets on white cardstock with Fern Green and cut using coordinated dies. Ink entire leaves with Vivid Chartreuse; adding Fern Green along edges of leaves and small areas of leaves. Using a light touch, add Sepia to create some darker areas. Place upside down in Leafy Shaping Mold upside down, mist, and run through embossing machine (you can use up to 3 layers each pass).
- Sponge adhesive along all leaves and sprinkle with glitter; tap off excess.
Blossoming Coneflower Stamp & Die:
- Stamp one of each flower on white cardstock in Jet Black. Ink flowers in Chrome Yellow and then sponge Rose Madder on top of flowers; blend colors together. Sponge leaves in Vivid Chartreuse and add small areas of Fern Green to add darker areas.
- Put adhesive on cone portion of flower and sprinkle mini prills; tap off excess and let dry completely
Backyard Blossoming Stamp & Die:
- Stamp two each of the backyard coneflower and backyard blossom accent on white cardstock in Jet Black. Stamp one of the ornamental grass accents.
- Ink backyard coneflower in Chrome Yellow and then sponge Rose Madder on top of flowers; blend colors together. Sponge leaves in Vivid Chartreuse and add small areas of Fern Green to create darker areas. Put adhesive on cone portion of flower and sprinkle mini prills; tap off excess and let dry completely.
- Sponge Manganese Blue on tops of backyard blossom accent and Vivid Chartreuse on leaves. Apply 3D crystal lacquer on top flowers; let dry completely.
- Ink ornamental grass accents in Orange Blossom and Sepia; blending colors together. Apply 3D crystal lacquer on tops and dry completely.
- Cut two pieces from dotted pattern paper at 5” x 2” and 5-1/2” x 4-1/2”
- Score larger piece at ¼” on three edges, diagonal cut the bottom two corners and fold over; glue down. Place adhesive on three sides and adhere to inside notepad base at bottom.
- Measure ¼” from each side of notepad cardboard backing and 3” from bottom. Mark and cut. Trim if necessary to allow notepad to fit in pocket.
- Take 5” x 2” piece and glue to top portion of notepad, bringing along the top to back.
Placement of Items:
- Glue hexagons together with inked sides on outside. Adhere to inside of notepad base where there is a break in honeycombs.
- Outside Left: Arrange one of the smaller bungalows, leafy accents, and each size of sunflower (2 of the small) starting from bottom. Use foam dots to create dimension. Adhere one of the backyard blossom accent pieces and backyard coneflower behind the bungalow; making sure coneflower ends up over break in honeycombs. Place a small bee over flower using foam dots. Place smaller of the two Bee Maidens at top of leafy accents using foam dots.
- Outside Right (behind honeycomb): Arrange remaining backyard blossom accent, a piece of the ornamental grass accent, and blossoming coneflower on bottom of section.
- Inside Left: Place larger bungalow at bottom, using adhesive on bottom only (this will create a small pocket). Cut off a section of creeping coneflower and adhere in back of bungalow on left side. Glue small bee, three small sunflowers and one small leaf (cut from one of the leafy accents from area you can hide) on top of hexagon. Using foam dots, attach Bee Maiden at top left.
- Inside Right: Place remaining bungalow on bottom right using foam dots. Arrange remaining large and medium sized sunflowers, leafy accent, and a piece of the ornamental grass accent behind bungalow.